Hello and welcome! My chosen name is Draco Astreus, which is Latin for "Star Dragon". Blogging like this is not really something I would suspect myself of doing, but... I have some reasons now to start one. My intent is that this will be less of a place to casually post the latest thoughts or goings-on of my life and more of one in which I will tell the story of who I am, piece by piece. I will attempt to do it in chronological order but knowing me, it's very likely I will come up with details out of order in the long-run, so I might do a little skipping around or focus on certain topics that spanned a large amount of time.
Be advised right now that I am far less concerned with keeping the details of my life private than I ought to be... Whether this is because I love telling stories, or because my ego craves the attention, or because I'm desperate to have people to tell these things to and receive reactions from, I don't know. It could be that because I'm such a strange person, I feel the need to put all these details right out front as a sort of warning sign. Or, maybe I fear that people will see right away how strange I am, anyway, and I feel rushed to get out the explanations and in-depth details in case that would make them understand me better and thus be less perturbed by my weirdness. I don't even know why that should matter to me; it's quite detrimental to my objectives. It's also true that in past times, I feel I've led a somewhat delusioned life. It's becoming less so all the time, but I believe a general long-term lack of self-knowledge has given me a rather shifty personality which attempts to adapt itself to what's best in the moment for who I'm with. One girl picked up on this after a few weeks of getting to know me better and let me know straight up - "I don't know you!" It confused the Hel out of me. So you know, maybe this blog will help me with that whole self-knowledge issue. I've actually tried writing up my darkest, ugliest realities to show them to myself, and it hardly even phased me. (Not being able to figure out why did upset me a fair bit, though.) Oh, that's another thing. I feel I often push out these details in case anyone can put them together with their own understanding and come up with an explanation for me that I haven't arrived at. Of course most people are not busy explaining things all the time, like me, so it doesn't really work.
So that's the warning. Anything goes for subject-matter. I'm also extremely difficult to offend so please feel free to give your full honest opinions. The worst you can do to me is just ignore me. There, I'm done! Will write the first real entry as soon as I have the time...
No comments:
Post a Comment